“My designs are about celebrating individuality, curiosity and creativity. I am committed to intriguing design made from unconventional materials.”
Set up in 2015 and based out of New Delhi, Studio Metallurgy draws from industrial design, which is synonymous with precision and accuracy, sharp finishes and clean lines.
I love experimenting and innovating ! To observe and take inspiration from everyday objects and adapt traditional techniques and crafts to create something new and contemporary. Hawk like attention goes into the making of each product. The focal point is understanding the inherent characteristics of different materials and yet amalgamating them, such that the inherent textures are enhanced further and lend themselves to beautiful and functional art pieces.
The thrust on impeccable finishing ensures that each piece is one of it's kind making it a 'collectible object d'art'.
I started with a History Hons degree from St. Stephens and followed it up with a degree in Fashion from the Istituto Marangoni in Milan, in 2011. Returning to India, I trained under industry stalwarts like Tarun Tahiliani and Lecoanet Hemant. My big break came, when I won the first ever Design Incubator Program, by the online retail giant Myntra in 2015, for my business pitch. A fashion designer by training with a very finely honed aesthetic, I started like all young brands - Facebook in April 2015.
Awards & Recognition
- Winner of the Young Talent Hunt organized by the Ministry of Textile, 2013
- Winner of the ‘Myntra Fashion Incubator’ organized by Myntra for the brand ‘Studio Metallurgy’, 2014.
- Exhibited in ‘Abstraction Subtraction’ curated by Anahita Kayan, 2016.
- Exhibited in ‘The India Story 2016’ as part of the ‘What’s Next’ segment 2016.
- Winner of EDIDA ‘Elle Décor International Design Award’ 2016 as the emerging Young Talent for the year 2016.
- Exhibited in 'Ambiente 2017' in Messe Frankfurt, Germany as part of the Young Talents for the year 2017.
- Winner 'Elle Graduates Award 2018' for Accessories.
Write to email@example.com for any queries and orders.